Sage 200 2016 is here and ready to enhance your Sage 200 system! The landmark release of Sage 200 2015 brought with it some big visual changes and amendments to the user interface. The 2016 version now builds upon this new look and feel with the addition of new and enhanced features to deliver an intuitive and flexible solution. Not only this but Sage 200 2016 offers the latest in system compatibility, supporting Windows 10 and Office 2016.
The release of Sage 200 2016 extends the benefits of 2015 by focusing on three key themes:
- Integrating payments to make it easier to bring cash in and out of the business
- User experience enhancements
- Sage Marketing and Services for Sage 200 (CRM)
Customer feedback highlighted the importance of getting cash into the business in an efficient way. In light of this, Sage has added a number of new features focusing on making this a lot easier for users.
- Sage Pay ‘Get paid faster’- Get paid faster allows Sage Pay users to add a ‘Pay Now’ button to invoices, statements and letters allowing customer to pay instantly online by debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Sage Payments -Sage Payments is a new, easy way to pay your suppliers or HMRC directly from Sage 200 in a secure way. You can add funds to your Sage Payments account and then use this to make approved payments directly from Sage 200. In order to use Sage Payments you need to apply for an account. Once successful, you are able to set up Sage Payments via the website using your already existing Sage credentials.
- Adoption of bank feeds - The new bank feeds allow users to download live bank account transactions and compare them with transactions in Sage 200. This enables customers to automate bank transactions seamlessly with Sage 200. Bank Feeds forms part of the Sage 200 Extra Services add-on.
Further changes made on the advice of customers =are in this version to enhance the day to day user experience. Some of the noteworthy enhancements include:
- Bank reconciliation - Many Sage 50 users miss the ease of use of the reconciliation screen, Sage have now introduced a similar split screen to help users confirm reconciled selections. Transactions are now reconciled by selecting the transactions that match to your bank statement. Once matched, the transactions are moved to the lower list so you can easily see what's been reconciled and what's still to do.
- Commitment reporting - This extended functionality gives users the ability to use live purchase order costs for reporting on committed costs before the order has been received or invoiced.
- Sales returns - The ability to create a sales return from an existing sales order is a great time saver and by simply highlighting a sales order and selecting ‘New Return From Order’ it will allow you to raise a return order with the form pre-populated reducing manual data entry and errors.
- Stock Analysis - The addition of 20 analysis codes to stock records allows for greatly improved reporting and enquires for stock control. They have also been extended to include barcodes to easily identify stock.
- Price book - ‘Limited’ price bands can be created allowing the customer to select which stock item they want to add to the price band. These limited price bands can have a ‘to’ and ‘from’ date. This is great for promotional pricing.
Sage Marketing and Service for Sage 200 (CRM) was the final theme of this release. Part of Sage 200 2016 is a focus on improvements to the integration with CRM, the new connector simplifies the integration between Sage 200 and Sage CRM. This lighter integration also allows for independent upgrades of Sage 200 and CRM giving users move flexibility and means keeping up to date can be phased ensuring upgrades are simple and cost effective.
At Acuity we are looking forward to our Sage 200 customers and new users alike making the most of the functional gains and ease of use in 2016 to support their day to day business needs. If you would like to see more of Sage 200 2016 contact us on 01932 237110 to arrange a demonstration.