As families grow there is a clear difference in the cars that are parked on their drives. Noticed since little Jimmy’s arrival next door that SLK has been switched for Range Rover? This is down to pure logistics, 2 seats for a 3 person family just isn’t going to work. This is a similar situation to what businesses find with basic finance systems as they experience business growth.
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment. Charles Darwin
This is a very powerful (and very apt) statement when we think about the continuous shift today’s modern business environment.
If you are an existing Sage 50 customer, we hope that your system is performing as well as it always has. However, in a difficult and ever-evolving business world, we expect you’re faced with new challenges every day. And, those challenges can lead to your business evolving in new ways – expanding into new markets or needing broader business insight, having to adapt business processes to keep up with the competition, the list is endless.
At Acuity we have spoken to many, many Sage 50 users over the years, and uncovered challenges and complaints from people who, as their business environments have changed and evolved, have needed to adapt with it in order to succeed.
In this article we uncover the top 15 signs you have hit the limitations of Sage 50, that customers are experiencing in 2014.
- You have an increase in transactions in the system
- Your are experiencing business growth
- You have increasingly complex business processes
- You need to execute more advanced management reporting and Business Intelligence
- You need to access data on the go
- You need better control over financial periods
- You need batch/serial number processing
- You need an integrated CRM functionality
- You need to cut down or eradicate high IT/Infrastructure costs
- You need to have more flexible payment options
- You need to consolidate disparate systems
- You are increasing your employee numbers
- You need to track stock in multiple warehouses
- You need advanced handling of foreign currency, tax and legislation
- You have an increased need for customisation of systems
Topics: Sage 50 Limitations